Monday, April 29, 2019

The biggest lesson I've learned South: Discovering my passions

 Image result for finding your passion

I've learned a lot over the last few years at South. I'll be graduating this fall, and I don't think I would be the same person I am today without all these experiences that have shaped me.
I've definitely grown as a person and have learned more about what I am passionate about.

When I first started college I thought I wanted to be a doctor or nurse. I never gave myself the opportunity to explore my options until I went through a year of nursing school and discovered that profession wasn't for me. I realized that while I enjoyed helping and caring for people, I wasn't meant to work in the health field. This was really hard for me because I was always someone that needed a solid plan for the future. Finding out that I didn't enjoy the career I thought I wanted for most of my life was very jarring, and I had to stop and reflect on myself for a while to discover what I really wanted to do in life.

It wasn't until I took the time to explore myself and my passions that I realized I really enjoyed writing and being creative. Now I'm going to graduate with a degree in communication with a concentration in strategic communication, and I don't think I've ever been so excited about learning and developing my skills.

I don't regret any part of my college journey at South. All these changes and mistakes have helped me grow as a person and truly discover what kind of career I would like to have.


-Paola

No comments:

Post a Comment

The biggest lesson I've learned South: Discovering my passions

  I've learned a lot over the last few years at South. I'll be graduating this fall, and I don't think I would be the same pe...