Tuesday, October 23, 2018

My First Time Visiting USA

The first time I ever visited campus was on Scholars Night in the spring semester of my senior year of high school. I had already been admitted to the university and was invited to this event in recognition of the Freshman Admissions scholarship I had received.

I had never really been to campus before that night, and I was excited to see a little bit of the school that I might attend in the future. I really enjoyed the event that day. We were treated to a meal during the program, and we got to learn more about the university. All the faculty that spoke at the event were so friendly and seemed so passionate about the university. They really made us feel like we belonged there. I actually still have some pictures from that night, so that you can see what it was like.
Paola in front of the College of Arts & Science banner

Paola and Evy with their USA T-shirts 

A partial group picture at Scholars Night 2015 


After that night, I could really see myself going to USA for my undergraduate degree, and USA became my first choice. I really encourage everyone who is interested in USA but hasn't visited campus yet to come to a USA day or tour the university. We just had an amazing USA day last weekend and it was so interesting to see all the information and sessions we offered to the potential students that came.


-Paola

No comments:

Post a Comment

The biggest lesson I've learned South: Discovering my passions

  I've learned a lot over the last few years at South. I'll be graduating this fall, and I don't think I would be the same pe...