Wednesday, February 27, 2019

A Typical Week at South for Me

In this week's blog, I will be giving you a glimpse into my week as a South student.

Moulton Tower view from the parking lot I use every day


Monday and Wednesday


Fortunately for me, this semester I don't have class until 11 a.m. all week. Usually I try to get up a few hours before so that I can work on homework and have breakfast before class. On MWF I have my web design class and French II.

Afterwards I go to work from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. And after work I'll come home, go to the gym, cook myself dinner and work on my online Marketing classwork.

If I have the free time, I'll watch TV, Netflix, or YouTube.

Learning to use CSS in Web Design class
My desk for Web Design and Media Planning classes

Tuesday and Thursday

 My Tuesdays and Thursdays are a bit longer than MWF. On these days, I have my Strategic Publication Design, Strategic Writing, and Media Planning classes until 3 p.m.

Afterwards I go to work from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. And after work I'll do the same routine as every other day.

Every other Thursday, I do have an American Advertising Federation Chapter meeting to go to after work.
Made myself a salad for dinner
Inspirational cup of tea every morning
Working on designing the back of a business card in Adobe InDesign for class

Friday

 On Friday, I have the same classes I do on Mondays and Wednesdays. The only difference for my Fridays is that I don't have to work. If I go home that weekend, I'll come back to my apartment and pack and clean after class. Then I'll head back to Mississippi for the weekend.

Friday nights I usually spend doing homework and spending time with my siblings.

This Friday, I stayed in Mobile for USA day the next day so I just cooked myself dinner and worked on my Web Design blog post.


Writing my weekly blog post for Web Design
Web design class blog prompt and weekly course material
Preparing turkey meatballs for dinner

Saturday 

Saturdays are pretty calm and relaxing for me. I'll occasionally go out with friends or my boyfriend, but usually I'll just take the day to relax and catch up on my shows. I also like to go for walks with my dog and siblings on Saturdays.

This Saturday we had USA Day, so I stayed in Mobile for the weekend.  Had so much fun Saturday! Lots of walking! I did go shopping at Ulta and Target later that day, but I was too entertained to take some pictures.
Almost 11K steps for USA day!


Sunday

 On Sundays I will usually go to church with my family, and then head back to Mobile for work at 5 p.m. After I get off work at 7 p.m., I'll come back to my apartment and get ready for the school week to begin again.

Since I stayed in Mobile this weekend, my Sunday was a little different. I went to church at 11 a.m., and then went to eat at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant. Then I went back to Target to shop some more because who doesn't love Target.

Went out for pho after church 
Spring rolls after church

-Paola



No comments:

Post a Comment

The biggest lesson I've learned South: Discovering my passions

  I've learned a lot over the last few years at South. I'll be graduating this fall, and I don't think I would be the same pe...